Open topic with navigation
- Document readers are threadsafe. The benefit of a threadsafe technology is that you can successfully extract text from hundreds of documents simultaneously. Documents are not queued for sequential filtering, but are actually filtered at the same time.
- Filter supports popular word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation formats. Body text, endnotes, footnotes, and additional items such as document metadata are all included as part of the filtering process.
- Sample programs are provided to demonstrate the functionality of the APIs.
- You can extract files embedded within files, such as email attachments or embedded OLE objects, by using the File Extraction API.
- You can configure memory management. If using the C API, you can provide your own memory allocator to the document readers.
- Filter allows for redirected input and output. You can provide an input stream that is not restricted to file system access.
- Filter automatically recognizes the file type being filtered and uses the appropriate filter. Your application does not need to rely on file name extensions to determine file types.
- You can filter documents to specific character encodings, such as Unicode or UTF-8.
- You can use Filter SDK in conjunction with other KeyView technologies, such as the Index, Highlight, and Annotate APIs.
- You can write custom document readers for formats not directly supported by KeyView.