Open topic with navigation
There are a variety of applications that provide a user interface through which you can access, customize, search, and modify data in your IDOL system.
Find and BIFHI are provided as part of the IDOL Server installer. Find provides a basic end-user search interface for IDOL, and BIFHI provides the search interface with some additional functionality. There are also several IDOL applications that use IDOL for different business purposes, such as archiving, data mining, and eDiscovery. For more information, contact your Account Manager.
In addition, you can create custom front-end applications to use your IDOL data.
Find is a basic end-user search interface for IDOL. Find also includes Business Information for Human Intelligence (BIFHI).
Find supports the following functionality:
- Advanced search. Refine searches by database, date, or parametric values.
- Document preview. Find uses the IDOL View component to render near-native views of the source documents for your search results in a web browser. The Document Preview feature works with View server and documents in source repositories.
- Query manipulation. Find applies synonym and blacklist rules when you use the IDOL Query Manipulation Service as a back end for your search. You can use IDOL Data Admin to create and manage these rules.
- Results manipulation. Find applies pin-to-position promotions when you use the IDOL Query Manipulation Service as a back end for your search. You can use IDOL Data Admin to create and manage these promotions.
- Results augmentation. Find applies spotlight promotions when you use the IDOL Query Manipulation Service as a back end for your search. You can use IDOL Data Admin to create and manage these promotions.
- Document security. You can set up document security so that only users with appropriate permissions can access the documents, or even see them in search results.
- Visualizations. You can view results as topic maps, sunburst charts, maps, or in table format, as well as in list format.
- Save searches. You can save searches and run them again later, save a result set as a snapshot, or compare two or more saved searches.
Visualizations, saved searches, and comparisons are available only to users with the FindBI role. For more information, refer to the Find Installation Guide.
Custom Front-End Applications
The ACI (Autonomy Content Infrastructure) Client API allows you to create your own custom front-end applications.
The ACI API enables easy communication between custom-built applications and IDOL ACI servers, as well as simple manipulation of the results sets. IDOL SDKs are available for several programming languages, including C, Java, and .NET.
For more information, refer to the ACI API Programming Guide.