Open topic with navigation
Edit HPE IDOL Site Admin Configuration Settings
The first time that you log on to HPE IDOL Site Admin, the Settings Wizard guides you through the setup process. In subsequent sessions, you can use the Settings page to edit the HPE IDOL Site Admin configuration file.
The Settings page enables you to carry out the following configuration tasks:
- Specify the connection type, host, and port information for the HPE Coordinator server that HPE IDOL Site Admin is deployed against.
- Specify the connection type, host, port, and logon type information for the HPE Community server that handles HPE IDOL Site Admin user authentication.
Choose whether you want to run HPE IDOL Site Admin with an embedded database or a PostgreSQL database.
- Specify the host, port, database, and logon information for the PostgreSQL database that HPE IDOL Site Admin uses for structured data storage.
- Configure a mail server to use to send email from HPE IDOL Site Admin.
- Enable or disable email.
- Specify the amount of time for which alerts and tasks should display in the HPE IDOL Site Admin interface.
- Specify the language in which the HPE IDOL Site Admin interface should display.
Specify the method used to compress log files, the number of historic log files to retain, the frequency with which new log files are created, and the maximum log file size. You can also specify the host and port information for your syslog server, send a test message to your syslog server, and switch syslog integration and HPE IDOL Site Admin logging off or on.
If you disable logging, HPE IDOL Site Admin first logs that logging has been disabled and by whom.
- Set the default path for HPE IDOL Site Admin to use to locate HPE IDOL services on a host.
- Set the default port for HPE IDOL Site Admin to use to locate an HPE Controller server on a host.
- Specify the host, port, database, and logon information for the PostgreSQL database that HPE IDOL Site Admin uses for document tracking, and enable or disable document tracking.
- Test your database and server connections.
Click a heading to open or close the sections on the page.
HPE IDOL Site Admin validates any changes to your server settings, and prompts you to correct any information that is not valid before you can save your settings.