Open topic with navigation
Create Speaker Classifiers
(Applies to the IDOL Speech Server component.)
To perform speaker identification and segmentation in IDOL Speech Server, you must create and optimize speaker templates for each speaker that you want to identify, and create speaker classifier templates. The Create Speaker Classifier wizard in the Control menu takes you through this process.
WavSidOptimize actions perform these tasks. For more information on speaker templates, see the IDOL Speech Server Administration Guide and the IDOL Speech Server Reference.
To create a speaker classifier template
- In the Template file name field, type the name of the speaker template file to create.
- In the Template language list, click the language for the speaker template.
- Click Choose file and browse to the location of an audio file containing sample speech from one person.
- Click Create template. IDOL Admin creates the template based on the settings that you entered, and adds it to the Created templates list. You can monitor the progress of the task in the Recent Tasks panel.
- Click Next. The Optimize your templates page opens.
- In the Name of optimization file to create field, type the name of the Speaker ID Optimization (.spo) file to create.
- In the Speaker name list, click the name of the speaker that the audio file contains speech data for.
Click Choose file and browse to the location of an audio file containing sample speech from the person you chose in step 7.
Do not use the same audio that was used to create the speaker templates.
- Click Optimize templates. IDOL Admin creates the optimization file, and adds the audio file you used for optimization to the Audio files used for optimization list. You can monitor the progress of the task in the Recent Tasks panel.
- Repeat steps 6-9 to add audio files for each speaker that you want to identify.
- Click Next. The Package templates into classifier page opens, displaying a summary of the audio files and templates that you added.
- In the Classifier name field, enter the name of the speaker classifier template to create.
- Click Create Classifier, then click Finish. IDOL Admin packages the files that you added into a speaker classifier file, and displays a confirmation message.You can monitor the progress of the task in the Recent Tasks panel.