How to use the toolbar
Note: if you are using the Safari Browser, you need to press Command + Shift + 0 in order for the toolbar to produce results.
The toolbar is displayed in the top right-hand corner of your desktop and displays results that are relevant to the content of your active window (for example, your email, your Word application or your Internet browser). To become familiar with the blinkx toolbar you are going to use it within your Internet browser:
- Open a website (for example, http://news.bbc.co.uk/). The toolbar is displayed in the top right-hand corner of your desktop.
- Wait until the icons on the toolbar become colored. This means that results are available.
You can now display the available results.
- Click on the Local Results icon to display a list of documents, JPEG images, email contacts, MP3s, emails and email attachments on your computer that are relevant to the open website (email attachments are indicated by a paperclip).
- Click on your left mouse button on the title of a result. The result opens in a new window.
- Now, click on one of the channel icons on the toolbar and try to display the results that they list.
Channels are topic areas that are created by administrators when they set up Information 360. Each channel stores information that matches its topic area. Depending on how an administrator has set up Information 360, this information can comprise, for example, web pages, news articles and video clips. Whenever you open a window, the toolbar displays channel information that is relevant to the content of this window.