Open topic with navigation
An IDOL infrastructure can include the following components:
- Connectors. Connectors aggregate data from repositories and send the data to CFS.
- Connector Framework Server (CFS). Connector Framework Server (CFS) processes and enriches the information that is retrieved by connectors.
- IDOL Server. IDOL stores and processes the information that is indexed into it by CFS.
- Distributed Index Handler (DIH). The Distributed Index Handler distributes data across multiple IDOL servers. Using multiple IDOL servers can increase the availability and scalability of the system.
- License Server. The License server licenses multiple products.
These components can be installed in many different configurations. The simplest installation consists of a single connector, a single CFS, and a single IDOL Server.
A more complex configuration might include more than one connector, or use a Distributed Index Handler (DIH) to index content across multiple IDOL Servers.